Silver Star Fourth-Quarter Hero
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons oregano leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup pitted black olives, drained
- 1 cup Spanish olives, drained
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 large (about 1-1/2 pounds) round white bread, 9 to 10 inches in diameter
- 2 pounds assorted Silver Star luncheon meats and cheeses (Swiss cheese, ham, turkey, salami, provolone, roast beef.)
- In food processor, combined oil, mustard, vinegar, oregano, garlic and black pepper, process until smooth.
- Add olives and roasted red peppers: process, pulsing on and off, until chopped.
- Cut bread in half horizontally; slightly hollow out bread.
- Spread half of the olive mixture in bottom of bread.
- Layer Silver Star cold cuts and cheese on top.
- Spread remaining olive mixture over all.
- Cover with top half of bread.
- To serve, cut into wedges.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.